Folks who aren’t experienced in the world of paving might not know this, but asphalt comes in a variety of different types and mixes. Which type of asphalt mix you use will largely depend on the location and purpose of your pavement.
Thankfully, United Asphalt Paving is here to figure that out for you.
Our experienced paving contractors will carefully select the right mix of asphalt according to several environmental factors, such as:
- What size loads will the pavement be supporting?
- How much ambient noise should the pavement absorb?
- How much rainfall will the pavement be exposed to?
- Does the pavement need to control for water runoff?
Once we’ve evaluated the function and performance needs of your proposed project, we’ll be able to determine the most appropriate type of asphalt to install. Your chosen asphalt will be one of the following:
- Perpetual pavement: Used primarily for roadways, perpetual pavement consists of three layers engineered for long-term durability and ease of resurfacing.
- Porous asphalt: You’ll see this type of asphalt mainly used in parking lots. It’s great for vast, level surfaces because it enables storm water management and drainage by letting water pass through the surface, into the recharge bed, and finally into the soil underneath.
- Stone mix asphalt: Also known as “quiet asphalt,” this type of pavement can reduce noise pollution by up to 50%! That’s why it’s often used on residential roadways that pass through closely settled neighborhoods.
- Hot mix asphalt: This type of asphalt is the most common paving material for home driveways. It cools down quickly, is easy to repair, withstands drastic temperature fluctuations, and has a smooth, polished finish.
- Warm mix asphalt: Not as popular as hot mix, warm mix is the eco-friendly alternative. Its manufacturing process requires less fuel and produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions. It’s also easier to pour at lower temperatures, which makes it suitable (and more affordable) for shipping over long distances. Best of all, it’s safer for the health of our pavers!
If you want to find out more about the different types of asphalt mix, give us a call! United Asphalt Paving is the team of knowledgeable paving contractors in Fort Worth that you can trust for honesty, integrity, and expertise. We’d be happy to listen to your project specifications and give you our recommendation.